Deep Fat Fry those Suckers, Mom!
February 12, 2013 1 Comment
In honor of Fat Tuesday… Deep Fried Oreos®.
2 quarts vegetable oil (suitable for frying)
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons vegetable oil (not for frying)
1 cup pancake mix
1 package of sandwich cookies
1. Heat oil in deep fryer to 375° F (aka 190° C).
2. Hand-mix egg, milk, and two teaspoons of vegetable oil in one bowl until smooth.
3. Stir in pancake mix until dry lumps are gone.
4. Dip cookies into batter one at a time, and carefully place into hot fryer oil. Extremely carefully!
5. Fry 4 cookies at a time to maintain adequate cooking room in the deep fryer.
6. Cook until cookies have turned golden brown, which should take about two minutes.
7. Drain on a pan or cookie sheet lined with paper towels.
8. Serve and enjoy! My nephew reported that they taste a lot like chocolate-chip pancakes.
“Young man, you’re not having pancakes for breakfast… you’re having *fried* cake with *syrup* for breakfast!”